Reef throwing tail at Canggu. Photo: Liquid Barrel
15-year-old surf rat Reef Doig gives Balibelly.tv 5 answers to 5 questions in 5 minutes!
5 FAVOURITE SURFERS
1. John John - He can do every trick in the book
2. Lee Wilson - He's an awesome guy to hang around... and amazing in the air!
3. Jordy - His rail work is insane
4. Andy Irons - Such an inspirational surfer to watch
5. Tai Graham - He gets me hyped before surfing and his backhand pits are sick to watch
Reef's mentor and top 5 fav surfer, Tai Buddha getting shacked at Padang.
5 FAVOURITE WAVES IN INDONESIA
1. Race Tracks, Bali - So rippable and it has so many barrels
2. Outside Corner, Bali - It's a gutsy deep water wave and has a classic long stand-up wall
3. Cimaja, Java - It's super fun there! Right hand pointbreak
4. YoYos, Sumbawa - It's like a skatepark
5. Keramas, Bali: Unbelievable barrels and has sick sections for airs and turns
Chris Ward goes no-hands at Reef's favourite wave - Uluwatu.
5 LOCAL GROMS TO WATCH OUT FOR
1. Raju Sena - Such a ripper and a charger
2. Rio Waida - A little cheeky shit, but he rips and and got all his airs and turns down pat
3. Andre Anwar - Such a cool little kid to hang round and he charges!
4. Jeren Kiring - Has such a mature style and rips in all conditions
5. Ketut Agus - Such a frothing little kid, I see him out when its so bad and when its firing. One to watch out for!
"Jeren Kiring rips in all conditions," says Reef. We agree.
5 FAVOURITE PLACES TO GRIND AFTER A MORNING SESSION
1. SWICH! Some of the best sandwiches in the world, healthy stuff. My favorite has gotta be the Pow or the chicken schnitzel wrap for sure.
2. Single Fin. The margarita pizza is my fav.
3. Zanzibar - After a mad session in Double Six I head there for the American Breakfast
4. Seaside restaurant: Love the mexican and spaghetti in the morning
5. My Dad's kitchen! Sensational hamburgers and hot dogs, not to mention a mad mie goreng
Swich - Reef's top pick for a post-surf feed. It's located between Padma St & Double Six road in Legian
5 THINGS ALL 15-YEARS-OLD'S SHOULD DO WHILE ON HOLIDAY IN BALI
1. Go for an arvo surf at Ulu’s on a Sunday and stay for sunset dinner at Single Fin
2. Score pumping Keramas or Ulu’s with just your mates
3. Don't get tangled up in the whole partying scene
4. Enjoy the difference in culture compared to where you're from
5. Keep away from drugs
Check out Reef's latest surfing video, shot & edited by MianV: